The program of the Forum was developed with the participation of more than 500 leading experts from Russia, Europe, the United States, Australia and Asian countries - representatives of various economic schools, development institutions, business circles from around the world.
The global economy is trying to find a new point of balance. It was around this topic that the discussion of the global track of the business program of the Forum was built.
The main subject of discussion in the track on the Russian economy was the economic strategy of Russia in the new conditions. In place of the era of the dominance of the raw material economy and high rates of economic growth comes the understanding of the need to ensure "quality growth". Economic sanctions against our country gave a significant impetus to the process of import substitution.
The forum was also attended by senior foreign policy: UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, the Organization Secretary General - Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo, Prime Minister of the Gabonese Republic, Emmanuel Issoze-Ngondet, Prime Minister of Mongolia Zhargaltulgyn Erdenebat Commonwealth Prime Minister Dominica Roosevelt Skerrit, acting. Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Serbia Ivitsa Dachich, Vice-President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Felekezela Mpoko, Second Vice-President of the Republic of Burundi Dzhozef Butore, President of the Republic of South Ossetia Anatoly Bibilov, the President of the Republic of Srpska Milorad Dodik and other officials. The badges were issued to 45 ministers from 30 foreign states.
Among the Russian officials, 6 Deputy Prime Ministers of the Government of the Russian Federation, 19 ministers, 30 heads of federal services and agencies took part in the Forum.
The Forum was attended by senior officials from international organizations such as the United Nations, IAEA, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), the Gas Exporting Countries Forum, the World Energy Council, the International Committee of the Red Cross and the World Bank.
This year, the St. Petersburg Forum signed 475 investment agreements, memorandums and agreements of intent for a total amount of 1,817.9 billion rubles (agreements were taken into account, the amount of which is not a commercial secret).
The largest of them are:
• agreement between the German chemical concern Linde Group and the Russian group TAIF on the construction of a new ethylene complex on the basis of Nizhnekamskneftekhim for the amount of 600 billion rubles;
• an agreement between SC Rosatom and the Indian Atomic Energy Corporation on the construction of the 5th and 6th power units at Kudankulam NPP in the amount of 239.4 billion rubles (4.2 billion dollars);
• agreement on intentions between St. Petersburg and the Eurasian Development Bank and VTB Bank (PAO) on participation in the construction of a high-speed highway with a bridge across the Neva River in the alignment of Fayansovaya and Zolnaya Streets - the Eastern High-Speed Diameter in the amount of 150 billion rubles;
• an agreement between SC "Rosavtodor" and LLC "Southeast Highway" on the financing, construction and operation on a fee basis of the Moscow Ring Road of the Moscow Region for the amount of 78.5 billion rubles;
• agreement between SUE Vodokanal of St. Petersburg and the Eurasian Development Bank on cooperation in the area of implementation and financing of the investment program of the State Unitary Enterprise Vodokanal of St. Petersburg for the amount of
60 billion rubles;
• an agreement between the Ministry of Industry and Trade, LLC "Tulachermet-Stal" and the Tula region on participation in the investment project for the construction of a casting and rolling complex in the amount of 43.7 billion rubles;
• an agreement between Vnesheconombank and Transholdingglying on the acquisition of 770 cars for the Moscow subway in the amount of 38.6 billion rubles;
• an agreement between EuroChem MCC and China ChemChina on the creation of a joint industrial production in Russia worth 28.5 billion rubles.
For comparison: in 2015 within the framework of the SPIEF 205 agreements were signed, in 2016 - 356.
The forum is traditionally a platform on which the investment opportunities of Russian regions are widely represented. Representatives of all 85 constituent entities of the Russian Federation took part in the events of the business program of the Forum this year, with 76 of them being represented at the chapter level.
The Forum signed an important agreement on the creation and promotion of a joint platform for aggregating and analytical selection of government support measures for a specific recipient - a kind of "intellectual navigator of support measures" with the participation of the Roskongress Fund and the Russian TASS Information Agency, with the support of the main development institutions: Strategic initiatives, Vnesheconombank, SME Corporation, Industrial Development Fund, Russian Direct Investment Fund.
The extensive program allowed the participants of the Forum to work at a more trusting and productive level, and also created a comfortable atmosphere for informal dialogue. At the same time, it should be noted that one of the features of this year was the expansion of the sports program and sports topics in the business agenda of the Forum itself. It has become a new confidence area for the effective interaction of Russian and international sports leaders, heads of world companies, organizing committees and regions directly involved in the implementation of major sports projects.
Forum 2017 - an effective tool to discuss, search for answers and solutions to urgent issues in a variety of fields.
The dates of the next St. Petersburg International Economic Forum were determined on May 24-26, 2018.